Right now sister Joan is cleaning my screened in porch for me. I am resting. I had a terrible night. Bad headache, backache. I started working with Joan but I have run out of energy.
Last night Mom, Sherry and Joan came over and brought a 40th Anniversary celebration with them. They had a Happy Anniversary mylar balloon, a bouquet of flowers and a big basket of food. The basket itself was a pretty nifty collapsible cloth basket in my favorite color blue. Mom had a card with $100 worth of restaurant gift cards. They even brought a coffee cake and we all had coffee &.
I have a great family.
Bill is outside digging up stumps with a loader. The stumps are from all the trees we lost in Tropical Storm Irene and the NorthEaster Storm. We lost about 12 trees. Brother-in-law Tim lent him the loader. A guy Bill knows is coming on Monday to take all the stumps away. Bill is taking this opportunity to expand the parking area in the driveway.
Bill is so great to me. Last night he offered me his spare pillow. I was up and down a lot and he would wrap me in his arms each time I came back to bed. I apologized for waking him up. It took an hour for the pain medication to kick in. I still slept fitfully. I often don't have the energy to cook so Bill either cooks or he orders something or takes me out. He is so understanding. I love him so much. I'm glad we've been together for 40 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment