I didn't have chemo on Wednesday, my blood count was too low. It's supposed to be between 3.0 and above to have chemo. Mine was less than 1.0. This is because we went away for Labor Day and I did not have my Neupogen shots to build up my white blood cells. I saw my oncologist though and he sent me for an MRI to make sure my back pain was not more cancer. It turned out to be Lower Lumbar Degenerative Arthritis. PHEW! Not more cancer. Then the results of my ultrasound on my right breast was clear. Another PHEW! Didn't need breast cancer too. I have enough cancer . . . thank you very much.
We are leaving tomorrow for Tennessee and I have to admit I am very tired. So tired I can't even show any excitement although I've been looking forward to it for a month. I did get all our laundry done for it.
I even took a nap this afternoon, but it didn't help. While I was napping my little Chloe was eating the five dollar bill I had put on my nightstand. I found it in my pocket while sorting the laundry. She is getting to be quite an expensive little dog. Last week she ate 13 dollars. 3 dollars and a ten. Plus she chewed up Bill's American Express card so it had to be replaced. He called me in the morning from work and told me when he took her out that morning he told her he better see a $13 shit out of her. I laughed all day when I thought about it. It still makes me smile. Today she went to stay with Aunt Laurie while we are out of town. She loves Aunt Laurie and her dog Shadow. She loves how much riding in a car she gets to do with Aunt Laurie. It's nice to know she is in such good hands.
Bill works so hard, I worry about him. He expects so much out of himself. When I tell him to hire help he takes it as an insult and his pride kicks in and he insists on doing it himself. The pressure on him is awful. He is still working so we have the medical insurance when he could have retired two years ago. He is such a rock for me. He has no qualms about calling me before he comes home from work to see if I'm up to making dinner. Then he asks me what I feel like eating and goes to pick it up. Sometimes he makes dinner at home. He calls me every day from work at exactly 2:00 p.m. to ask me how I'm feeling. He rubs my back when it hurts and tells me to take my pills, put on sweaters, brings me blankets. He reminds me to sit and rest or go in out of the heat into the air conditioning. Or stop doing too much. He is a gem. I don't know what I would do without him.
No comments:
Post a Comment