Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's been a busy summer.  Mike my helper in the yard has been back to weed and clear out some forsithia that has gotten overgrown.  Selena, my house helper has come back to vacumm and clean the floors.  She also cleaned the shower.  Added to her list of duties this last week was dogsitter.  She took excellent care of Chloe.  My sister, Aunt Sherry, also cared for Chloe by staying here Sat, Sun and Monday.  Yay Aunt Sherry.  Next week, Aunt Laurie will be taking care of Chloe and Chloe will have her companion Shadow to keep her company.  Aunt Laurie taught Chloe how to get in and out of the car for rides.
Chloe was so excited to see us.  She has no idea that we are leaving her again.  Mike, Amy and the Grandkids came to see us in July and we went there for Labor Day.  I've got almost 200 pictures and videos of the grandkids.  They're all I have until I get to see them again, probably Thanksgiving.  I'll try to take time to download the pictures so I can post them.
Tomorrow is chemo and then an ultrasound on my right breast.  Apparently, my mammogram last week showed something so they need to take a closer look.  Oh boy am I thrilled . . . not!  So the breast wellness center is right downstairs from my chemo . . . how convenient.
Then home to do laundry if I'm up to it. 
I wasn't feeling my best at Mike's on the weekend.  Terrible pain in my lower back.  So much so I was crying on Sunday night.  Bill helped by messaging my back.  I had taken two, I say two, Oxycodones.  No help.  I woke up every hour to shift position and pee.  Luckily, our hotel room had two queen size beds so I moved over to the other bed so I wouldn't disturb Bill.  This continued through the weekend along with a lot of fatigue and just plain old, I don't feel good in general.
My hair is falling out in fistfulls.  At least I had hair for the summer when it's too hot to wear a wig.  I won't have to wear a wig for another month I think.
I'm so grateful I am still here though.  Even if I feel like cancer, stress and chemo have really aged me.  Thank you God for all my blessings and forgive me if I whine a bit.
One of those blessing arrived at 2:23 p.m. on 9/5/75 by the name of Michael Andrew Martin.  It's hard to imagine that today he is 37 years old.  Such a great man and a great father.  My finest achievement and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment