Sunday, February 26, 2012

Got up at 5:40 a.m. to go to an Eagle Watch in Haddam.  The Audibon Society there guides it.  I picked up Sherry and Mom and then met Laurie and two other ladies in our Red Hat Ladies group.  Then we went on to Waterbury to pick up my friend Linda and another Lynda in our group.  Mom, Sherry, Linda and Lynda rode in my car.  We were a cozy group since really my car only seats four comfortably.  There were three in the back seat, but nobody seemed to mind.  We got to Haddam by 8:30 a.m.  The Eagle tour took us through Haddam, Chester and Essex.  Then we had a nice lunch at Oliver's in Essex.
I think I jinxed everybody.  We didn't see any Eagles.  Just like I didn't see any Whales on the Whale Watch I went to in Mexico. 
One reason we didn't see Eagles was it was very windy.  So windy that I came home with windburn on my face and lips.  We laughed saying that the Eagles were hunkered down in a tree somewhere watching us stupid humans standing out in the wind looking for them.
I made a big boo-boo.  I made arrangements for Bill to go to the Scout Recognition Dinner at Villa Bianca.  He was supposed to be there at 4:00 p.m.  He calls me from Villa Bianca saying there was only three cars in the parking lot and was I sure it was 4:00 p.m.  So I pulled up the poster for it.  We finally figured out the dinner was tomorrow, not today.  So Bill came home and was pretty nice about it.
I was having headaches and backaches so Bill made franks and beans with green beans for supper.  Nice and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment