Today was my 12th chemo in the series. So I get a break for two weeks. I have to go the end of next week and have a CT scan and Echocardiogram done. The CT scan will show whether the chemo is working and I have shrinkage of the cancer. The Echocardiogram is to make sure this chemo isn't damaging my heart, which is a possible side affect. Then I have the follow-up visit on the 22nd to get the results. My white cell count has been consistently low so I still have to follow-up this chemo with 3 consecutive days of shots of Neupogen. Neupogen works in the bone marrow to build white blood cells. The side affect of Neupogen is bone pain. For me it's mostly lower back pain. Luckily, Tylenol with Codeine does a bang up job of relieving it.
Texted my BFF Linda just before chemo was over to see what she was up to today. Didn't notice til I got home that she texted me back about going to the Scout Store in Milford. I had to admit I was too tired and glad to be home.
Chloe seems to be excited that something has moved in under the pallet that our firewood is stacked on. She was going crazy sniffing around it.
I was thinking of my sister Sue last night ,since I was up until 3:00 a.m. All the stuff on the Powell guy killing his wife and children brought her to mind. What is wrong with people who decide it's all right to take a life. I'm confident God is looking over her. I wish she had enough time for Mark to get to know her. She must be so proud looking down on him and how well he is doing in college. He has become a good man thanks to my sister Jane and her husband Tim.
Well, it's 3:00 p.m. and that is when the chemo takes charge and tells me I need a nap. So I've crated Chloe and gone to lay down. Bill called just before and is going to bring home dinner on his way home from work. I called my BFF and told her I was too tired to attend the boy scout meeting tonight. Great friend said she'll take care of all the announcements for our Sweetheart Dance on the 18th.
Today is Dale's birthday ~ Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment