Friday, March 9, 2012

Well so much for getting back to my post yesterday.  I got a few things taken care of today.  I called Dawn at the Ansonia Police Dept. and found out how much our police coverage cost for the Sweetheart dance this year ~ $216.  Much better than $432.  I misunderstood that Ray was saying that was the cost from last year.  Just letting us know our estimate to budget for it was off for this year.  It turns out last year was double time because the dance was on the actual holiday ~ Valentine's Day. 
Today is Bill's sister's birthday.  Happy Birthday Laurie. 
My nephew Mark stopped by with his girlfriend Rebecca this morning.  He picked up the pictures I found of him when he was 3.  I could tell when he was looking through them that he was really glad to have them.  He was especially pleased that two of them were with his Grandpa.  He made me laugh because I said, "Wasn't he so cute back then."  And Mark responded, "Well why wouldn't I be, I'm so cute now." LOL. 
Unfortunately, the fix I tried on Dale & Sybil's computer doesn't seem to have worked.  I will stop by on Monday and try again.
I stopped by and saw Joan today on my way back from the bank with Julies money.  Joan took today off from work.  She was hard at work getting ready for Matt's graduation party tomorrow.  She is expecting 43 people. 
Julies (pronounced jewels, I don't know why) and I got through half of Bill's desk top.  I will see her Monday and hopefully, we can clear the whole thing.  We have totally filled the 2 drawer lateral filing cabinet we have.
It was cloudly today but I just came in from Chloe's last trip out for doing her business and the stars were all out.  I never realized it before taking Chloe out that we are right under a commercial airline route.  Literally some nights you can see three pass by in 5 minutes.  They are at a high altitude so it's not a problem for us.
Sherry gave me five pinches off of her Christmas cactus.  I planted them yesterday and they seem to be quite happy on my windowsill.  In the center is a pinch my Aunt Carol sent to me via my cousin Barb.  That has two branches coming off of it now.  I also can't wait to see the day lilies come up that my cousin Patty gave me last year.  She said they are an interesting color.    My spider plant is blooming like crazy.
We have a flock of greckles, cowheads, red winged blackbirds at the feeder the last couple of days.  Our 15 lb feeder seems to need weekly refilling.
I'm long winded tonight.  Making up for yesterday I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment